About Our Daytime Festival on Saturday 14th October
The daytime festival at Porkstock is all about having lots of fun while celebrating local produce
The day time festival is free and very much a family fun event and there is something for everyone to do. The purpose of the day is simple it’s about celebrating Norfolk. food and drink, family fun and raising as much money as we can for Nelsons Journey.
You can get a flavour of the event below with photos from both the 2015 and 2016 festival
This year we have lots of great things planned including:
Many area will be under cover so this year we are totally weather proofed
– Wonderful cookery demonstrations from top local chefs
– More local food and drink producers displaying and selling their fantastic products
– Lots of tasty food to enjoy
– Some brilliant bands playing throughout the day
– Wonderful local beers and ciders on tap
– A sausage eating competition!
– A range of activities and games for the little piglets
– Lots of fun games for the rest of the family including the return of that chicken game (Norfolk bingo)
Free car parking
We have been really lucky get the support of some fantastic people who share our love of pork and fun. As soon as we met Chefs Charlie Hodson (Charlie’s Norfolk Food Heroes) and Alan Paton (Executive Chef, Stoke By Nayland Hotel) they loved the concept and have got behind the festival. They will be there during the day along with other local food champions giving cooking demonstrations, hands on classes and much much more.
Our chefs for 2017 are still to be confirmed but if the line up is anything like last years we are in for quite a treat.